|“||Bantam is a gentle giant and only uses his strength for good. Regardless of his apparent unruly mannerisms,he admires serenity and hates malevolence||”|
–Timm Bogenn in Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg: Official Strategy Guide
Bantam Scrambled is one of the main characters in the game Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg. He, along with Billy, Rolly, and Chick were sent to Morning Land to save the Chicken Elders, and Morning Land at large, from Dark Raven's army of Crows. He is the largest (and likely eldest) of the four main characters. He was sent to the Blizzard Castle and tried to defeat the Crows, but was defeated himself and tied to a bomb. After Billy saves Bantam, he becomes playable in the main game with his own unique mission for each world, alongside Rolly and Chick.
"The heavy and powerful friend of Billy, Rolly, and Chick. He wears the largest and most distinctive clothing of the entire human crew. Bantam is a gentle giant and only uses his strength to look after his friends. Despite his rough outward appearance, he adores cuteness but hates injustice."
- Billy Hatcher - Billy is an inquisitive boy from the human world. With the courage bestowed upon him by the Chicken Lords, he dons the Legendary Chicken Suit and embarks on a grand adventure to save Morning Land from eternal night.
- Rolly Roll - A lighthearted and carefree girl. She always tries to help others who are in trouble, but can sometimes be a bit "scatterbrained".
- Chick Poacher - Chick may look small but his spirit is strong, giving him a misplaced air of superiority. He has a tendency to act before thinking, which always makes his friends a little nervous. He wears teal goggles on his head and seems to have the biggest of the chicken combs on his head.
- Like the other protagonists, Bantam's surname, "Scrambled" is a pun on eggs (as "scrambling" is a method of preparing eggs).
- Bantam's first name is a pun on both chickens (as "bantam" is a breed of chicken).
- His Chicken suit gives him the appearance of a rooster.
- His character strongly resembles that of Knuckles the Echidna from Sonic the Hedgehog.
- The USA version's manual misspells Bantam's name as "Bamtam". The PAL version spells it correctly.
- His name could be a reference to Bantam Street from the Jet Set Radio series, which was also published by SEGA. Although it is much more likely it is a reference to the bantam chickens in general.
- A bantam chicken is a small chicken, yet ironically Bantam is the largest of the four protagonists. This could have been done intentionally as an ironic visual pun.
- Bantam only uses his strength to protect his friends.
- The opening cutscene of the game implies that Bantam, along with Billy, Rolly, and Chick were bird watchers (with particular fondness for chickens) before being appointed as defenders of Morning Land.