|“||Don't let his last name fool you. Chick is a compassionate little kid who may be small, but his enthusiasm is king sized, giving him an unwarranted look of arrogance. He has a tendency to act before thinking, always making his friends a little uneasy.||”|
–Timm Bogenn in Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg: Official Strategy Guide
Chick Poacher is one of the main characters in the game Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg. He is the smallest (and possibly the youngest) of Billy's friends. He, along with Billy, Rolly, and Bantam were sent to Morning Land to save the Chicken Elders, and Morning Land at large, from Dark Raven's army of Crows. He was sent to Dino Mountain where he obtained a chicken suit that is noticeably different to the ones of his counterparts. He tried to defeat the crows in Dino Mountain, but was unfortunately captured and tied beside a bomb. Like Rolly, after he is saved by Billy Chick is a playable character for one mission in every area of Morning Land.
"Chick may look small but his spirit is strong, giving him a misplaced air of superiority. He has a tendency to act before thinking, which always makes his friends a little nervous. He wears teal goggles on his head and seems to have the biggest of the chicken combs on his head."
Appearances in Other Media
- Chick and his friends appeared in the Archie Comics crossover event Worlds Unite, where they defeated Wind Crowrang after he invaded Forest Village.
- Rolly, Bantam and Chick also appeared without Billy in Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed
- Billy Hatcher - Billy is an inquisitive boy from the human world. With the courage bestowed upon him by the Chicken Lords, he dons the Legendary Chicken Suit and embarks on a grand adventure to save Morning Land from eternal night.
- Rolly Roll - A lighthearted and carefree girl. She always tries to help others who are in trouble, but can sometimes be a bit "scatterbrained".
- Bantam Scrambled - The heavy and powerful friend of Billy, Rolly, and Chick. He wears the largest and most distinctive clothing of the entire human crew. Bantam is a gentle giant and only uses his strength to look after his friends. Despite his rough outward appearance, he adores cuteness but hates injustice.
- Like the other protagonists, Chick's surname, "Poached" is a pun on eggs (as "poaching" is a method of preparing eggs).
- Chick's first name is a pun on both chickens and the character himself (as a baby chicken is called a "chick", it is a fitting name for the smallest and youngest of the four protagonists).
- He is the only one who wears mittens and goggles, making his chicken suit the most unique from the others. He also does not wear brown shoe coverings.
- His character strongly resembles that of Miles "Tails" Prower from Sonic the Hedgehog.
- He has the biggest Chicken comb on his head.
- He is the shortest friend of Billy's group (and possibly the youngest).
- Despite Bantam being the biggest and the strongest of the four protagonists, Chick is depicted as the most impulsive and belligerent of the group.
- The opening cutscene of the game implies that Chick, along with Billy, Rolly, and Bantam were bird watchers (with particular fondness for chickens) before being appointed as defenders of Morning Land.